Finding that pricing sweet spot where you make a great income without scaring clients away is one of the most asked about issues here on FreelanceSwitch. Today for your amusement, here are ten signs you might have gone the other way are charging waaay too little…
This article has been translated into Spanish by Diana at Artegami. Thanks Diana!
10. Your client mistakes your daily rate for an hourly one.
9. You’ve won every job you’ve ever pitched for.
8. Even though you work 80 hour weeks your income level qualifies you for welfare payments.
7. New clients are always asking what “the catch” is.
6. Clients pay your invoices in cash from their wallet.
5. Other freelancers regularly send you hatemail.
4. Your old clients don’t even bother asking you how much something is going to cost.
3. You never run out of work, yet you are subsisting on baked beans and 2 minute noodles.
2. Your 12 year old brother earns more spending cash than you flipping burgers.
…. And the number one sign you may be charging too little:
Companies have been calling from India wanting to outsource their work to you.